Monday, January 7, 2013

Queen Majesty Scotch Bonnet & Ginger Hot Sauce

I love hot sauce. I eat food to put hot sauce on it. I have been making my own hot sauce for over 10 years, mostly just playing around with ingredients to use myself and sometimes to share with family and friends. For the past two years I have been honing one particular recipe. This recipe has everything that I have been looking for in a hot sauce, the right consistency, the right heat (won't kill your tastebuds) and the right flavor (fresh, exotic and not too vinegary) with just the right amount of natural sweetness (no sugar added). I sometimes describe it to people as a "Caribbean sriracha". Ingredients include scotch bonnet peppers, onions, garlic, ginger, lime juice, vinegar, salt and spices.

I have finally gotten it online to share with people outside of my arm's reach. The price is a little bit higher than I would like to have it since I am working in smaller quantities for supplies for now, and also I use as many organic ingredients as possible, but $8 for an all-natural handmade hot sauce with a unique and amazing flavor seems good. For people in NYC, I will be eventually be selling it in stores and food markets in the future, so you can save on the shipping & handling.

Check out my store at Big Cartel HERE.
Check out the fan page on Facebook HERE.
I look forward to any feedback and thanks for the support!



No comments:

Post a Comment